The IAFA council is delighted to announce that the 35th IAFA Annual Conference and Doctoral Colloquium will be hosted by University of Galway from Wednesday 7th – Friday 9th June 2023.
- Wednesday 7th June – Doctoral Colloquium
- Thursday 8th June (full day) & Friday 9th June (half day) – Annual Conference
- Professor Lee Parker –Research Professor of Accounting at the University of Glasgow
- Andrea Mennicken – Associate Professor of Accounting and Co-Director of Centre for Analysis of Risk and Regulation, London School of Economics
- Professor Lukas Goretzki – Professor of Management Accounting & Control, Stockholm School of Economics
Registration for all attending both the Colloquium and Conference will open via our website in March (a follow-up notice to members will confirm this date).
Annual Conference Submission Dates:
The deadline for initial submissions is 31st March 2023. Submissions should be made by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Initial submissions can be an abstract of circa 250-300 words or a full (unpublished) paper. Decisions on acceptances of papers will be communicated by 28th April 2023.
Accepted papers will only be included on the conference schedule where registration and payment has been received from at least one author by 12th May 2023. Final submissions will be due by the 12th May 2023 and can be one of two types;
- Full papers
- Emerging papers
A full paper is the recommended submission, however in the spirit of the IAFA Annual conference being a venue where early-stage research projects are welcome, emerging papers are also accepted for presentation.
An emerging paper is expected to be in the range of 1,500 – 3,000 words (excluding abstract, tables, figures and references) and should include the following:
- A clear research objective
- A review of key and/or relevant literature
- Comment on methods and/or theoretical lenses relevant (or which may be relevant) to the subject of study
- An outline of any initial findings (optional)
Doctoral Colloquium Submission Dates:
The IAFA Doctoral Colloquium provides students, at all stages of doctoral research, with an opportunity to present their work and receive feedback from academics in their field.
An application form for the Doctoral Colloquium is available here – IAFA-Doctoral-Colloquium-Application-Form-2023 and must be submitted no later than 31st March 2023.
Applications are also invited for the following:
- Masters/Doctoral Research Funding Competition Award
- EAA PhD Forum Scholarship
Applicants for the award/scholarship can apply using the relevant section of the application form which must be submitted no later than 31st March 2023. Further conditions attached to the award/scholarship are detailed in the application form.
Accommodation Information for Doctoral Colloquium & Conference:
Information regarding the various accommodation options and rates available to attendees is provided here –
IAFA Conference & DC 2023 – Accommodation & Transport