Nominations sought for IAFA representative at 2021 AAA Doctoral Consortium in Texas
Dear IAFA Members,
IAFA have the opportunity to nominate a PhD student within our community to attend the 2021 AAA Doctoral Consortium in Texas in the USA as an IAFA representative. The AAA hope that this event might take place in person but there will be a virtual option as a fall back. In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following AAA criteria:
- Be a member of AAA (you can join If nominated so applicants do not need to be AAA members to apply under this call)
- Be a full time PhD or DBA student in a Doctorial Accounting Programme having completed at least 2 years in the relevant PhD or DBA programme
- Have at least 1 year remaining in the programme to run after the consortium ends (in June 2021)
- Not be or have been a full time faculty appointee at any rank during the current academic year
IAFA is now calling for applications from those interested in being considered for the position of IAFA AAA nominee.
Applications should be sent to Dr. Elaine Doyle, Chair of IAFA, at Elaine.email@example.com and should include the following:
- The working title of the PhD/DBA
- A short paragraph outlining the subject matter of the doctoral studies (max 200 words)
- A short statement of interest in being nominated, including what you would hope to get out of the AAA Doctorial Consortium and how it would advance your research agenda (max 200 words)
- A summary of where you are to date with your studies in terms of field work (max 200 words)
The deadline for applicants is 5pm on Monday 7th December. We would urge PhD supervisors within the IAFA community to circulate this to PhD students and other potentially interested parties within their network.
The IAFA Council